Today Apple released a second update for Snow Leopard, the latest installment of their Mac Operating System. The most notable inclusion in Mac OS X 10.6.2 is a patch that addresses the guest account bug, fixing it along with several other issues.
This particular bug takes effect when a user logs in and out of a guest account on a machine running Snow Leopard. Once that individual logs back into their regular account, they’ll notice that it’s been cleared of all the data.
Since it was discovered, Apple has been working on a fix, finally releasing one today.
In addition to this critical patch, a number of other concerns have been redressed, the following list describing just what’s been corrected:
* The deletion of data that would occur when using a guest account
* A problem that would see users randomly logged out of their account
* Exchange contacts omitting Spotlight search results
* Menu extras
* Compatibility with Hebrew and Dictionary
* The sound of a shutter when taking a screenshot
* The four-finger swipe gesture
* A problem preventing the addition of images to contacts in Address Book
* Performance issues with Front Row when watching movies
* Generating mobile accounts for Active Director users
* Stability of VPN connects
* Improved peformance for iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut Studio, MobileMe, and iDisk
* Performance issues with VoiceOver performance
* Video playback and performance issues for iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009) and iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) computers that are known to arise when using AirPort.
These are just the fixes that have been applied to the Operating System, with many more issues addressed elsewhere. For the complete list and to download the update, visit Apple’s support website here.
At Geek Choice we want to make sure you always keep up with system security and stability. Please update as soon as possible If you have any problems or want help with your Mac dont hesitate to call Geek Choice at 1-800-GEEK-HELP (433-5435). We can also help you with Virus Removal, Spyware Removal, a Slow Computer and general computer repair.
Gregg Housh is Technician Manager at Geek Choice. At Geek Choice we solve computer problems like: Slow computer, Virus Removal, Spyware Removal, Computer startup problems, Printer not printing, Not connecting to the Internet, Scanner not working, or the “blue screen of death”.